If we roll back a few decades diabetes isn’t a common disease and it’s rarely seen one in both developed and the developing countries. But today it is estimated over 400 million people living with diabetes among the 8 billion of the world’s population.
Based on the statistical reports it is predicted that 1 out of 11 adults in the current world living with diabetes. The most devastating stats is about 46% of the diabetes patients are totally undiagnosed. Here in this article before getting into the home remedies for treating/controlling diabetes lets brush up some basics of Diabetes.
What is Diabetes?
Diabetes is a typical condition that occurs when the presence of blood sugar also known as blood glucose gets too high. To be frank, the blood glucose is the main energy source for the human body cell. The blood glucose level balanced by the presence of pancreas one of the hormones named as Insulin.
Also Read: Kristoff St.John
If the level of insulin or blood sugar or blood glucose levels elevated or unbalanced rapidly then it will lead towards the diabetes condition. Too much of blood sugar level will results in a group of diseases to the human body by affecting the human immune system.
Types of Diabetes
- Type 1 Diabetes: It is a condition where the human body destroys its own insulin-producing cells. The inability of making insulin cells will cause the accumulation of blood sugar or blood glucose within the human body and convert into fat. It is a rarely seen diabetes type and it is noted that only 10% of diabetes patients affected by this type.
- Type 2 Diabetes: It is a condition, which can trigger by the dual Either by non-function of insulin cells or by the inability of insulin hormone cells in the body. Type 2 diabetes is the most commonly seen diabetes around 80-90% worldwide.
- Gestational Diabetes: It is a condition which around 9% of the pregnant women during 24-28 week of their pregnancy period. Without having a diabetes condition, the blood sugar level gets elevated due to the interference of pregnancy hormones with insulin’s Recent reports suggest that gestational diabetes starts recurring to women after their pregnancies.
- Others: Is a condition occurs under a miscellaneous category that admits rarely or unusual or acquired cause of diabetes. Based on the reports, only very few people worldwide affected by this type.
Symptoms of Diabetes
- Frequent Urination
- Excessive Thirst
- Poor Healing on Wounds
- Weight Loss
- Body feel Starved of glucose
- Blurred Vision
Health Risk for Diabetes Patient
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
- Eye problems
- Dental disease
- Nerve damage
- Foot problems
Fascinating Facts of Diabetes
- Based on the reports collected in 2012, diabetes positioned in the number one spot for causing a high amount of death worldwide.
- History of Diabetes points to 1,500 B.C in Egypt
- If diabetes detected and well-managed, diabetes patients can live longer and healthier just like a normal person.
- Developing countries experiencing a high amount of diabetes death.
- Diabetes plays a prime role in causing blindness, kidney failure, and
- In ancient times, doctors use diabetes diagnosing test by tasting the urine of the patient. People who taste urine for the testing purpose were referred to as the ‘Water Tasters’
- Types of diabetes officially propagated worldwide only in 1936. But the difference noted in the 1700s by pointing the death of diabetes patients, some suffered from chronic diseases and others died within a few weeks after witnessing the symptoms.
- WHO revealed that people from South East Asia and from the Western Pacific Regions highly gets diabetes condition. Roughly around 50% of the world’s diabetes patients are from those two regions.
Also Read :Kate Middleton
Home Remedies for Treating Diabetes
- Bitter Gourd
Bitter Gourd naturally consists of blood glucose lowering effect. The presence of Charatin and Momordicin components plays a vital role in reducing blood glucose or blood sugar levels. It is beneficial for both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
How to consume:
It is better to consume raw bitter ground juice on early morning daily when your stomach is totally empty.
Cinnamon has the ability to stimulate and boost the insulin function in the human body, by doing so it will automatically reduce the amount of blood sugar level. In addition, the components cinnamate, cinnamic acid, and other numerous oil help on preventing your body from getting diabetes condition.
How to Use?
Consuming half or one teaspoon of cinnamon mixing with the warm water or tea or smoothies and drinking on daily basis will yield better results.
- Mango Leaves
The presence of Vitamin C, A, and other nutrients which are natural antioxidants plays a vital role in treating diabetes condition. Consuming dedicated mango leaves on regular basis will regulate the insulin levels in human blood.
How to use?
Drinking glass water in which 10 to 15 mango leaves soaked for a night on an empty stomach, preferably early morning will yield better results.
- Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds are a fibre rich food, the helps to control and regulate the blood sugar level. Fenugreek seed helpful for treating both type 1 & 2 diabetes.
How to Use?
Drinking water soaked with two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds overnight on the empty stomach will give you best results.
- Aloe Vera
The presence of phytosterols components in Aloe Vera helps in lowering the blood sugar level. Aloe Vera helpful in treating/controlling the Type 2 diabetes
How to Use?
Consuming Aloe Vera juice/gel with the mixture of bay leaves and turmeric will helps a lot on controlling type 2 diabetes.
- Basil Leaves (Tulsi)
It is highly packed with the presence of antioxidants and essential oils that triggers the functions of insulin. In addition, it boosts the insulin cell creations and helps on controlling blood sugar level.
How to Use?
One should consume 2 to 3 handful full of basil leaves (Tulsi) or one teaspoon of basil leaves the juice on an empty stomach will yield better results.
- Amla (Indian Gooseberry)
Amla is also known as the Indian Gooseberry enriched in Vitamin C that helps on fighting diabetes because of its antioxidant characteristic. Consuming Amla on regular basis will boost the productions of insulin cells and regulates the blood sugar level.
How to Use?
Taking Amla Juice from 2 to 3 fruits by removing its seed and consuming it by mixing with a glass of water on an empty stomach on daily basis will reduce the insulin resistance.
- Jamun (Indian Blackberry/ Black plum)
Jamun and its leaves proved on providing essentials elements to reduce the high blood sugar level in the human body.
How to use?
Consuming a minimum of 100 grams of Jamun on daily basis will show ridiculous improvement in blood glucose level balancing.
Presence of the Vitamin C and high fiber in Guava fruit its helps metabolism activity to perform at a slow pace. Thus it allows human cells to absorb the sugar level at the regular form and balance the blood sugar level.
How to Use?
For treating diabetes, one should peel the skin of guava and should limit the consumption of guava on daily basis. Since guava has high potassium it will act a toxic for the body.
- Drumstick Leaves
The presence of nutrients in the drumstick leaves will give enough energy and also increases insulin production in the human body.
How to Use?
One should consume around 50 grams of drumstick leaves along with daily meals either in a salad or steamed form to avail better result.
Apart from those above-mentioned home remedies, consuming enough Vitamin-C will help in treating Diabetes. In addition, one must engage with well-balanced physical activities like regular exercising by doing so, body weight will get balance and it will regularize the presence of blood glucose in the human body.